WHAT IS STREAM?
STREAM stands for Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics. It was created to help prepare students for today's workforce. It enables students to inquire, think, investigate, and innovate in their education and provides them with the knowledge and skills to someday obtain successful careers in the 21st century. Here at St. Pius X Catholic School STREAM is integrated throughout our curriculum and implemented in everyday lessons.
10 CHARACTERISTICS OF STREAM
- Integrate Catholic identity in every aspect of the curriculum
- Provide a challenging learning environment
- Promote a culture of innovation
- Increase content literacy
- Increase the participation of groups that are under-represented in the sciences
- Students become full participants in 21st-century education
- Foster an environment that encourages problem-solving, group collaboration, and independent research
- Success is defined in many ways and can occur in many different learning environments
- Utilize strategic planning to guide development and implementation
- Place a high priority on educator training, learning, leadership, and 21st-century skill application